Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think these would also be good with white chocolate. I increased the baking time to 25 minutes, and these were still a soft and gooey blondie. From Fitness Magazine.
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray, and line the bottom and two sides with foil, letting the ends of the foil extend over the sides of the pan.
- Spray the foil with cooking spray. Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat together egg, brown sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture just until blended.
- Mix in cranberries and walnuts. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze by whisking together the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and water until smooth.
- Drizzle over blondies.
- When the glaze is set, remove from the pan using the foil handles and cut.
I doubled the recipe as I had to bring in goodies to work and they turned out really well. In fact, several people asked for the recipe. I did them with a white chocolate glaze. I will definitely make these again!
My 15 year old son loved these! I used about 3/4 cup flour after taking advice from fellow Zaar members and because I doubled the recipe I substituted half the butter with applesauce. It was wonderful. I drizzled a little melted white chocolate on top too. Thanks Kburie!
Very Yummy! I did increase the flour to 3/4 c. as the batter was WAY too sticky without. I was out of walnuts (which would have only enhanced this bar) so they were left out. I used maybe only half the glaze as I didn't want the glaze to dominate the taste. Infact next time I may leave it off altogether and maybe use 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips instead for extra ease of preperation. A wonderful bar with chewy edges and a softer center, sweet bar, tangy cranberries and earthy chocolate...a winning combination.