Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you don't have Brandy, soak the cherries in a mixture of 1/4 cup water and 1 teaspoon brandy extract.
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 15 oz package)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups broken pecans
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, mix cherries and brandy. Let stand 15 minutes; do not drain.
- Heat oven to 375*. Place pie crust in 9 inch glass pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, corn syrup, almond extract and eggs with hand beater or wire whisk until well mixed. Stir in cherry mixture and pecans. Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes, covering with foil after 15 minutes if pie is browning too quickly. Reduce oven temperature to 325*. Bake 12 to 15 minutes longer or until center is set and surface is deep golden brown. Cool 30 minutes.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil uncovered on HIGH 1 minute; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over pie. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.