Prep 15 mins
Cook 47 mins
Found in a magazine.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can almond filling
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 4 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat into a 9x13 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, sugar, and almond filling until blended. Stir in the almonds. Pour over the crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sett. Cool completely on a wire . Drizzle with chocolate. Cut into bars.
- Store in the refrigerator.