1/2 Photos of Chocolate Glaze for Cakes (That Hardens)
This must be put onto a cold cake that has chilled from the refrigerator or it will not harden, this works wonderful for a bundt or tube cake, it may also be used for an ice cream cake --- this glaze firms up but does not turn rock hard
My Private Note
cup (ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make certain that the cake has been chilled in the fridge before starting the glaze.
- 2In a 4-cup pyrex bowl or measuring cup or a microwave-safe bowl combine all ingredients.
- 3Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, removing once to stir.
- 4Allow to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes to allow to thicken enough so that it will not run off the cake (test out the consistency by drizzling a small amount over the top of the cake).
- 5Drizzle over top of the cold cake, then refrigerate (the glaze will harden even more when refrigerated).
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Glaze for Cakes (That Hardens)
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1444.0
- Calories from Fat 915
- Total Fat 101.7 g
- Saturated Fat 42.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 109.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g