Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This must be put onto a cold cake that has chilled from the refrigerator or it will not harden, this works wonderful for a bundt or tube cake, it may also be used for an ice cream cake --- this glaze firms up but does not turn rock hard
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Make certain that the cake has been chilled in the fridge before starting the glaze.
- In a 4-cup pyrex bowl or measuring cup or a microwave-safe bowl combine all ingredients.
- Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, removing once to stir.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes to allow to thicken enough so that it will not run off the cake (test out the consistency by drizzling a small amount over the top of the cake).
- Drizzle over top of the cold cake, then refrigerate (the glaze will harden even more when refrigerated).