This recipe is from Pierre Hermé. It is delicious! This glaze becomes thick enough to spread with an icing spatula after it cools a bit, but pours easily while still warm. This can be stored in the refrigerator and brought up to 94°F-104°F for later use. The extra chocolate sauce is great on ice cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the glaze
- 0.333 (80 1/8 g) heavy cream
- 3 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces, at room temperature
- 7 tablespoons chocolate syrup
For the chocolate sauce
- 1Start with the chocolate sauce.
- 2Put all ingredients into a heavy-bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- 3Reduce heat to low and stir until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (10-15 minutes).
- 4To make the glaze, bring the heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 5Remove from heat and slowly add the chocolate, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- 6Continuing to stir gently, slowly add the butter piece by piece.
- 7Once the butter is incorporated, add the chocolate sauce. Stir to combine.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1352.4
- Calories from Fat 727
- Total Fat 80.8 g
- Saturated Fat 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 242.8 mg
- Sodium 513.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 110.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g