Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great, quick recipe that doesn't use powdered sugar. I sometimes poke holes in the cake to let some of the frosting seep into it.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Spread over warm chocolate sheet cake or 9x13 cake.