1 hr 5 mins
Lara H's Note:
This recipe comes from Kraft Kitchens by way of backofthebox.com. I haven't tried it yet but want to and wasn't sure I'd remember where I'd seen it if I didn't post it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 altoids peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 10 oreo double delight mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 2add the mints to the boiling water and stir until they are completely dissolved. Microwave the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl on high for 1 minute; stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the
- 3mixture is well blended. Add the mint mixture, sugar, mayo, eggs and milk; mix well.
- 4Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping the bowl often. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan.
- 5Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- 6Frost with whipped topping just before serving and sprinkle with the crushed cookies.
- 7Storage: Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Glacier Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 375.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies