Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Kraft Kitchens by way of backofthebox.com. I haven't tried it yet but want to and wasn't sure I'd remember where I'd seen it if I didn't post it here.
- 8 altoids peppermint candies
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 10 oreo double delight mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan.
- add the mints to the boiling water and stir until they are completely dissolved. Microwave the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl on high for 1 minute; stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the
- mixture is well blended. Add the mint mixture, sugar, mayo, eggs and milk; mix well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping the bowl often. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Frost with whipped topping just before serving and sprinkle with the crushed cookies.
- Storage: Store leftover cake in refrigerator.