Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light November 2005
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a fork. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk. Place sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until creamy. add molasses; beat until smooth.
- Add egg substitute beat until well combined. add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Shape dough into 24 balls, about 1 1/2 tsp each. Place 2 inches apart on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten balls to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of a glass.
- Bake each batch at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on pan 4 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.