Recipe by littleturtle
Best when aged for 2-3 days when the flavors have had a chance to develop. Will keep several weeks stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Great for the holidays.
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs (20 cookies processed in food processor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon (use a brand you like to drink, the flavor really shines through)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon, nuts, and sugar.
- In the top of a double boiler (over hot water) or in a saucepan (over low heat), combine chocolate and honey; heat and stir until chocolate is melted (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Mix in bourbon until smooth and well blended.
- Stir chocolate-bourbon mixture into crumb mixture until well blended.
- Flour your hands and shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Refrigerate until firm.