Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from a recipe at Om Nom Nom. http://bit.ly/iub3M7
- 1 1⁄8 cups softened butter (1 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 eggs
- 4 2⁄3 ounces all-purpose flour (1 cup plus 1 tbsp)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (60-80% cacao, measured by weight)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, sugar and ginger in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one-at-a-time, beating until well combined. Fold in flour, cocoa powder and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into six 8 oz oven-safe pudding molds or ramekins, and smooth the tops. Bake in preheated oven for 35 min, or until a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- * Set aside for 10 min to cool. Run a thin-bladed knife around the inner edge of each mold, then turn upside down onto serving plates.
- Combine chocolate, cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring slowly, for 5 min or until the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened.