Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Just right for fall family get togethers.
Make and share this Chocolate-Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter.
- Gradually add in 1 cup of sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg; beat well.
- Stir in the molasses, flour, cocoa, baking soda, ginger and salt by hand; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Place remaining sugar on a plate.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in sugar and place 2-inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 12 minutes or until light brown; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I made this recipe exactly as stated, and now it's in my oven in one puddle-y mess all over the place. I came back to see if I had done anything wrong, and I haven't. I just noticed there is no flour in this recipe. Updated to add that after the first batch just puddled in my oven I added a cup of flour to what was left in the mixing bowl and the cookies came out lovely and cakey, although with not too much ginger flavor. A good adult cookie to have with a cup of coffee, not too sweet, although I would have liked more of a ginger flavor. Updated again: after having discuss the lack of flour with the chef, I'm pleased to change my review and up the stars. It's a good cookie. I will make it again, but I will add more ginger for a stronger flavor. Thanks Di!