Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are best eaten warm out of the oven, but they do freeze very well. Just freeze in ziplocks, and thaw for 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 2 cups dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chunks
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger (cut in 1/2" chunks)
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a medium suacepan, over med.
- -lowheat, until butter melts.
- Mix well, let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter an 8 X 8 baking pan.
- When sugar/butter mixture has cooled, beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate and ginger.
- Spread evenly into the 8 X 8 buttered pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.