Prep 7 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Easy and yummy home made gelato without an ice cream maker
- Melt Chocolate in a double boiler.
- Beat egg yolk and sugar together.
- Heat the milk in low heat and remove from heat just before it starts to boil.
- Add the milk to the yolk mixture little by little mixing thoroughly.
- Heat the mixture again stirring occasionally until it boils and remove from heat.
- Add melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a chilled metal container and freeze.
- Stir it every 45 minutes to break any ice lumps and put it back in the freezer.
- Continue to do this 2 more times.
- After about 7 hrs of freezing, put it through a food processor (or break it up and stir with a fork).
This is super creamy and rich. I put the finished mixture into the freezer and left it undisturbed overnight. The next morning, the gelato turned out great.
Last night, I follow the steps ...<br/>Today, I have a delicious homemade gelato.<br/>My girls love it.<br/>Thanks for sharing.