Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I am posting this recipe in response to a request for recipes using an ice cream maker. Except for the whipping cream I find that I usually have all the ingredients on hand. This is very easy to make but does take time to chill. Stacey
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a heavy sauce pan whisk together the cocoa sugar and salt.
- whisk in milk and eggs.
- cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until steaming hot and starting to thicken, about 6-8 minutes.
- whisk in cream and remove from heat.
- transfer into your freezing container and chill for 8-12 hours.
- when ready to freeze, follow your manufacturer's directions.
It's tasty but the directions are misleading. I made the recipe and chilled in "freezing container" (ice cream machine that stays in freezer) and it froze solid in about 3 hours.
OMG!!! I love chocolate!!! This was so amazing and I couldn't stop eating it!!! Hope I don't get too fat off of it!!!n D: