12 hrs 5 mins
I got this of a dairy company calender many years ago. It is VERY rich, so just serve tiny slivers of it-as a dessert with the berries or after dinner with coffee and a liqueur. I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to make, so prep time listed is the refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g top quality eating chocolate (do not use compound chocolate)
- 125 ml strong freshly brewed coffee
- 30 g butter, melted
- 90 g seeded raisins, macerated overnight in 75 ml brandy or 90 g rum
- 180 g mixed nuts, toasted (such as hazelnuts, walnuts, almond)
- 180 g wheatmeal cookies, broken into pieces
- fresh strawberries or raspberries, sprinkled with a little confectioners sugar
- 1Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bowl over gently simmering water.
- 2Mix the butter into the hot coffee and stir into the melted chocolate off the heat.
- 3Drain the alcohol from the raisins and stir them into the chocolate mixture.
- 4Add the nuts and cookie pieces and stir very gently until all ingredients are just coated with chocolate.
- 5Spoon into a lightly buttered 23cm springform pan, cover lightly when cool and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- 6To serve sprinkle lightly with a little extra confectioners sugar and cut into small wedges.
- 7If serving as a dessert, garnish wedges with berries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Gateau Supreme With Berries
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.7
- Calories from Fat 587
- Total Fat 65.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 454.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: