Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I halved the Lemony Garbanzo Cake recipe from "The Brilliant Bean" by Sally and Martin Stone and tweaked it a little. Then I baked it in 2 mini springform pans in my toaster oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. It's dense and moist and has a different texture than traditional flour cakes.
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained, rinsed, and loose skins discarded
- 2 eggs
- 4 pitted dates
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree.
- Pour into one 9 inch pan or two mini spring form or cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
This was ok with frosting, but since I like to eat cake without frosting, it definitly needed sugar in the cake. If you don't mind the frosting, then you will probably like this cake.
This was really interesting. It turned out a bit dry but I think that I might have left it in the oven a bit too long. I would definitely make this again and play around with it.