Recipe by beth
I actually saw this mentioned on a Weight Watchers board and found the recipe online. I didn't find it on RecipeZarr, so I thought I would add it. My friend calls it Chocolate F*rt Cake! It is different and one way to get some fiber in your diet. I am sure you could play around with an egg substitute and Splenda.
Top Review by sangee.d
I have a friend who is GF, so I'm always looking for GF things to bake and when I saw this recipe, I had to try it! I only made half a batch as I had some leftover chickpeas to use, and following the advice of some of the other reviews, I added some vanilla extract. I made about 5 large cupcakes, and they were sooo good. Moist, dense, chocolatey, and best of all, a much healthier version of chocolate cake/cupcakes. They were a bit soft though, and kind of fell apart when I bit into one, but still they were amazing. Definitely going to make this again and again, and not just for my GF friend!
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drain
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- powdered sugar, for dusting- (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree in food processor till smooth the beans and eggs.
- Add the baking powder and sugar, pulse till smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, stirring often till smooth.
- Add to food processor, pulse till smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Dust with sugar if you like.
- *I could not find a 19oz can of beans, so I used about 2 cups.
- *I also added a splash of vanilla flavoring.
- *I also 'floured" my pan with dark cocoa.