Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make, delicious in taste and pretty presentation. Recipe is from First magazine.
Make and share this Chocolate Ganache Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (like Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- walnut halves (optional)
- whipped topping (optional)
- of fresh mint (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse flour, walnuts and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add butter and pulse 10 times, or until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press mixture into six 6-inch tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Bake 15 minutes, cool completely.
- For filling, place chocolate in bowl.
- In saucepot over medium-high heat, bring heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour over chopped chocolate.
- Let sit for 1 minute.
- Stir until completely smooth.
- Divide ganache mixture evenly among prepared tart pans.
- Garnish with walnut halves, whipped topping and fresh mint, if desired.
Great! Had a friend up for tea and all loved it! I used macadamia nuts instead of walnuts and sprinkled some on top for effect too. I made one large tart instead of small ones in a fluted tart tray. Also put a few teaspoons of "cowboy" liqueur in (can use Kahlua or Creme de Cacao). Delicious!