1/9 Photos of Chocolate Ganache Cake
1 hr 5 mins
From Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). This is a luscious cake, perfect for any special occasion. You can make the cake up to a week in advance: wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Glaze it before serving. Enjoy!
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) can hershey chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the ganache
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour an 8 inch round cake pan, then the bottom with parchment paper.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the eggs one at a time.
- 5Mix in the syrup and vanilla.
- 6Add the flour and mix until JUST combined (overbeating with make the cake too tough).
- 7Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
- 8Let cool thoroughly in the pan.
- 9For the ganache, cook the heavy cream, chocolate chips, and coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
- 10Place the cake upside down on a wire rack and pour the glaze evenly over the top, making sure to cover the entire cake and sides.
- 11You can tilt the rack to smooth the glaze.
- 12Do not refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ganache Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.9
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 275.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 48.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g