Recipe by Seejayo
This cake is awesome. But i didnt want to add the cake recipe twice so for the cake search for my CHOCOLATE BUTTER CAKE recipe. which you should make BEFORE making this and let i cool or it will melt all the frosting. also, this dessert should be kept in the fridge until about an hour before serving because the ganach will melt off.
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
For chocolate buttercream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- milk, to thin the frosting as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- For ganache (which should be made first because it needs to cool.):.
- warm the heavy cream in the microwave for about 1 minute, but watch it carefully!
- add the chips and keep stiring until their melted, if they dont all melt, micorwave for a few more seconds.
- once smooth, keep in the refregerator until needed (if leaving it too long it will be to hard to pour on cake! but you could leave it on the counter to warm up. Or make chocolate truffles, YAY!).
- For buttercream:.
- cream the butter. with mixer on low speed, SLOWLY add powdered sugar until incorperated. add cocoa powder. thin with milk, about 1/2 cup, maybe a little more. but remember, you can always add more milk, its harder to thicken frosting.
- start w/ a layer of cake (there should be 4) frost with as much buttercream as wanted. add more cake. frost. add more cake. frost. add more cake, and frost the whole cake with a thin layer of frosting. put the cake in the freezer for about 10 minutes. then pour ganache over cake and spread over cake. put in the fridge until set.