Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
A flaky crust and a chocolate filling topped with a glistening tumble of raspberries. Bon Appetit, July 2008.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons butter, unsalted, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Kahlua, other coffee flavored liqueur or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups raspberries, fresh
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam, seedless
- Using on/off turns, mix flour, butter and sugar in processor until coarse forms.
- Mix egg yolks, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Add to processor, mix until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into ball, flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic. Chill 30 minutes.
- Dough can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butter 9 inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to 12 inch round. Fit dough into pan, trim overhang. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Bake crust until golden, 25 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, bring cream just to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, stir until smooth.
- Stir in liqueur and vanilla.
- Cool ganache 15 minutes.
- Transfer cooled crust to platter.
- Spoon chocolate ganache into crust and smooth top.
- Arrange raspberries atop chocolate.
- Stir raspberry jam and 1 1/2 teaspoons water in small saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Brush warm glaze over berries.
- Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and let stand room temperature.