Recipe by Sue Lau
A summertime trick is to chop up pieces and put them in the ice cream freezer, and melt down a piece or two to pour over the top of ice cream. That is, if there's any left when you get there...
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate bars with almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9" square baking pan and set aside.
- Combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk, and butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and IMMEDIATELY add the chocolate chips and the candy bar pieces,, stirring constantly until they are completely melted.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Mix in the almonds.
- Pour fudge into the prepared pan, and cool completely before cutting into 1" squares.