Karo recipe that adds chocolate to all those wonderful thumbprint cookies. I looked through all 'zaar had, but didn't see one with chocolate and using Karo corn syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 -3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- 2Mix margarine, light brown sugar, and vanilla till smooth.
- 3Beat in 1/2 cup corn syrup and egg.
- 4Blend in 3 cups of flour and salt, adding more flour if necessary to make dough.
- 5You can refrigerate at this point for 48 hours.
- 6Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll in nuts to coat.
- 7Place on ungreased sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb into ball.
- 8Fill with prepared filling:.
- 9Warm 1/3 cup light corn syrup in saucepan or carefully in microwave.
- 10Add chocolate chips; heat and stir till melted and mixed.
- 11Let cool till you can handle it easily. Then put into pastry bag or sealable bag. (Cut SMALL snip from bottom corner).
- 12Fill hollow thumbprints with chocolate mix.
- 13Bake 10-12 minutes or till firm.
- 14Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1633 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 78.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g