Recipe by AliciaGski
Karo recipe that adds chocolate to all those wonderful thumbprint cookies. I looked through all 'zaar had, but didn't see one with chocolate and using Karo corn syrup.
- 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Mix margarine, light brown sugar, and vanilla till smooth.
- Beat in 1/2 cup corn syrup and egg.
- Blend in 3 cups of flour and salt, adding more flour if necessary to make dough.
- You can refrigerate at this point for 48 hours.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll in nuts to coat.
- Place on ungreased sheet 2 inches apart. Press thumb into ball.
- Fill with prepared filling:.
- Warm 1/3 cup light corn syrup in saucepan or carefully in microwave.
- Add chocolate chips; heat and stir till melted and mixed.
- Let cool till you can handle it easily. Then put into pastry bag or sealable bag. (Cut SMALL snip from bottom corner).
- Fill hollow thumbprints with chocolate mix.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or till firm.
- Cool on wire rack.