Recipe by Samuel Holden
This is a modification on Chef Lali 's chocolate frosting, I discovered it makes great fudge if you boil it and then chill it in a mould! Thanks lali! Pour it over crumbled cookies for something crunchy and chocolaty :)) chef lali's page is http://www.recipezaar.com/browse/getchef.zsp?id=15609 copy and paste the link to see it in your browser...her cake is delicious!
Top Review by Silvano
Made this, and after reading the other review, I used 1/2C water, and still, all the sugar didnt dissolve, and the end result was chocolate taffy, not really fudge. But it did take care of my chocolate cravings. :D Also, it didnt say how long to boil the mixture, so the second time, I got out the thermometer and went until softball stage. Thanks for sharing!
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 40 g butter
- water (enough to moisten sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, sugar and cocoa over heat in a heavy pan.
- Remove from heat and add butter, stir untin dissolved.
- Boil again and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Take a square cake tin and line with grease-proof paper.
- Pour in the chocolate mix and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Divide up into squares (or not).
- Break out in spots and/or have a heart attack!
- DO NOT blame me for the above.