Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
chocolate cake with a cheesecake filling in the middle topped off with a fudge frosting
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 250 g cream cheese
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- Have cream cheese and butter at room temperature.
- Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl of electric mixer, beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl make up cake mix, according to directions on packet, spread half of mixture into greased lamington tin (28cm x 18cm) with based lined with greased greaseproof paper.
- Spread with filling top evenly with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake in a 180C oven 40-45 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- When cold, spread evenly with frosting.
- When frosting is nearly set, run flat blade of knife down frosting to make decorative grooves.
- FUDGE FROSTING.
- Chop chocolate roughly, place in top of double saucepan, add oil and water, stir over simmering water until melted.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar, beat until smooth.
- when completely cold cut into pieces.