1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe from southernfood.about.com and it was really rich and decadent. Loved it. And wanted to share it with the zaar family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour, sift before measuring
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1Into a mixing bowl, sift together the cake flour, granulated sugar, soda, and salt.
- 2In a saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate and butter until melted.
- 3Combine milk and vinegar in a cup or small bowl; stir into the chocolate mixture with the vanilla extract.
- 4Add chocolate mixture to dry mixture all at once, stirring just until blended.
- 5Add chopped pecans.
- 6Spoon into a greased and floured 8-inch round cake pan.
- 7Sprinkle brown sugar over the batter.
- 8Combine 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate with the 1 1/2 cups boiling water; stir into blended and chocolate is melted.
- 9Pour over the batter.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 11Serve fudge pudding cake warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.4
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 61.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g