Recipe by KitchenManiac
I found this recipe from southernfood.about.com and it was really rich and decadent. Loved it. And wanted to share it with the zaar family.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour, sift before measuring
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a mixing bowl, sift together the cake flour, granulated sugar, soda, and salt.
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate and butter until melted.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a cup or small bowl; stir into the chocolate mixture with the vanilla extract.
- Add chocolate mixture to dry mixture all at once, stirring just until blended.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 8-inch round cake pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the batter.
- Combine 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate with the 1 1/2 cups boiling water; stir into blended and chocolate is melted.
- Pour over the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve fudge pudding cake warm with ice cream or whipped topping.