Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was a recipe we were taught at primary school in New Zealand and it has served me well for over 20 years. I used to make this in a small enamel dish if it was just for the 3 of us. For the whole family I used to double the recipe and use a decent sized dish.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl and then add the sugar and nuts.
- Melt the butter in another pan or bowl then add milk and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spread into a small pudding dish.
- Sprinkle the sauce ingredients[brown sugar and cocoa] over the top and carefully pour the boiling water over the top of everything.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 45 minutes.
This is so yummy!
Very, very tasty! My favorite way to eat chocolate cake. The sauce is to die for!