Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Easy fudgie oatmeal that's good for you too! I eat this amount for breakfast - if I'm doing it for lunch I'll double it.
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons protein powder
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Combine oats and flax meal. Add water and stir to combine, using less water for thicker oatmeal and more water for thinner oatmeal.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Return to microwave and set timer for 2 minutes. Heat on high stirring every 20-30 seconds until desired consistency is reached. Watch carefully or it might bubble over.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
I made this for toddler DD & I and it was a lovely change from plain porridge, nutty & chocolatey, great combo. I left out the protein powder though & used a little Splenda for a bit of sweetness..Thanks JB!
This is a lovely breakfast. With the addition of Splenda it tastes pretty much like a chocolate oatmeal cookie. I doubled the amount as 1/4 cup of oatmeal is my standard brekkie amount. Made for Holiday Tag.
I made it this morning. I'm not a huge Oatmeal fan, but thought it would be like warm no bake cookies. It really wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good. If I make it again, would probably doublet he Peanut Butter. I did not ad the flax seed or protein powder but added a little coconut.