Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This pie is so yummy. It's just the perfect chocolate pie. Rich, fudgy and surprisingly lower in fat and calories. Very simple and easy to make, as well. (Prep time does not include time for chilling). This recipe came from a "Cooking Light" cookbook, and per piece has 272 calories and 8.6 grams of fat.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fit one sleeve of dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under, flute. Place pie plate in freezer until ready to use.
- Combine the brown sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, and flour in a large bowl. Combine mik and the next 5 ingredients, stir with a whisk until well-blended. Add milk mixture to brown sugar mixture; stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or just until set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. (Resist the temptation to dig in before this!) Spread whipped topping evenly over filling; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons cocoa.