Chocolate and peanuts are a delightful combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter (for the pan)
- flour (for the pan)
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled (unsalted)
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to tepid
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled to tepid
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Set the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- 3Dust it with flour, tapping out the excess.
- 4In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and peanuts.
- 5Pour the butter into the baking pan.
- 6Scatter the cookie crumb mixture in the pan in an even layer.
- 7Press down on the crumbs with a spatula.
- 8Bake the crust for 4 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 10In a bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 11In another small bowl, toss the chopped peanuts with 1/2 teaspoon of the flour mixture.
- 12In a large bowl, whisk the butter and chocolate.
- 13Stir in the peanut butter, blending it well.
- 14Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- 15Stir in the flour mixture and chopped nuts.
- 16Spoon the batter into the crust, spreading it evenly, and taking care not to dislodge the layer of crust.
- 17Bake for 35 minutes or until just set.
- 18Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- 19Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- 20With a sharp knife, divide the mixture into quarters.
- 21Cut each quarter into quarters again to make 16 squares.
- 22Use a metal spatula to lift from pan.
- 23Store in an airtight tin.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge Peanut Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 166.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 7.6 g