Recipe by lloydnkelly
Our very own Aunt Betty's recipe is one of the easiest and best tasting, creamiest fudge recipes there is. It's smooth and delicious. I promise! We make both, but peanut butter is our family's favorite.
- 3 (12 ounce) bags milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup oleo
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Use one or the other, milk chocolate chips for chocolate fudge or 3-10 ounce bags of Reese's peanut butter chips for peanut butter fudge. Don't use both kinds.
- Place first 5 ingredients in large heavy bowl. I use Tupperware, the largest bowl they have. Make sure the bowl can withstand the heat.
- Grease 11" x 17" by 1" deep, cookie pan and set aside. (You could use any size pan and pour to desired thickness)
- Cook sugar and evaporated milk in large kettle. Bring to full boil. Stir so not to burn, once boiling, boil for 8 minutes. Watch and stir constantly so it doesn't boil over.
- Immediately pour boiled mixture in bowl on top of other ingredients. When butter and chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred pour into cookie pan. Cool in fridge and cut in 1" square pieces. Store in airtight container.