1/2 Photos of Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in a magazine and it looks so good I want to save it. While it starts with a simple boxed mix and adds a few other ingredients it states the end result is a chocolaty delight, with a fudge-like texture that improves if stored overnight in the fridge. It sure looks good, more brownie like than cake. I'll update this description once I try it. Update 9-8-09: Finally got around to making this and soooo glad I did, such fudgy goodness and enjoyed by everyone who tried it. The only thing I did differant was with the frosting. I defrosted the cool whip (in the fridge) and then melted the choc by itself in the micro and mixed together after, I also used Simple Cake Filling for the filling to make it even more special. It was fairly simple and the taste was wonderful. Hope you'll enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease two 9-inch round baking pans.
- 3Chop 2 chocolate squares; set aside.
- 4Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened.
- 5Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in chopped chocolate.
- 7Spoon into pans.
- 8Bake 30-35 minute or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 10Loosen cakes from sides of pans, invert onto racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- 12Place frozen whipped topping and remaining 6 chocolate squares in microwaveable bowl.
- 13Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after 1 minute.
- 14Let stand 15 minutes to thicken.
- 15Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; top with 1/4 of the chocolate mixture and the second cake layer. Spread top and side with remaining chocolate mixture. Garnish with almonds.
- 16Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.4
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 341.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g