Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I originally adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account. It was called Classic Mud Pie but I changed it into my own recipe and it is no longer that 'classic' mud pie, so the name has been updated as well. Cook time does not include freezing time.
- 1 (6 ounce) chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 pint cookies & cream ice cream, softened
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened (I used double chocolate with fudge chunks)
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, divided
- Over a double boiler on low heat, combine chocolate chips, heavy cream, and butter. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, stir in coffee liqueur. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 C sauce on bottom and up the sides of the chocolate cookie crust, letting it pool in the bottom. Shake gently to level out. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cookies and cream ice cream and 1 Tbsp coffee liqueur. Pour over fudge sauce layer in pie pan. Freeze 2 1/2-3 hours.
- Once the first layer is mostly frozen, combine remaining Tbsp coffee liqueur with chocolate ice cream. Pour over first layer of ice cream.
- Freeze several hours or overnight until firm.
- Serve with remaining warm fudge sauce (if you haven't eaten it all already! yum!).
I'm definitely not one to consume coffee, so this was made just for my other half & 2 dinner guests we had (all three of them being after-dinner coffee drinkers), & they loved it, & amongst them, almost consuming the entire pie! I left it to them to rate this recipe, & I guess 3 emphatic thumbs up equates to 5 stars! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag]