Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Frosting for your favourite cake
Make and share this Chocolate Fudge Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the butter on medium speed until it's light ans fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar gradually. Mix in the melted chocolate, then the vanilla. Add the milk by spoonfuls until the frosting is spreadable but still thick and fudgy.