Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fudgy frosting can be made in the microwave or stovetop. It stays soft, and is great for cakes or cupcakes. This will make enough for one 9x13 or a two layer 8" cake.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares (3 ounces)
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, or in the top of a double boiler. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the milk. Blend in the melted chocolate mixture. Add remaining milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Let stand until spreadable (frosting will thicken as it cools).