Big chewy fudgy cookies! From McCalls Magazine, October 1981
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup regular margarine, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2On waxed paper,s ift flour, baking powder and soda.
- 3In large bowl, with wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat butter with brown sugar, chcoolate, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- 4At low speed, beat in flour mixture (in fourths) alternately with milk (in thirds), beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- 5Drop batter, 1/2 cup for each, onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, two or three to a sheet. Flatten slightly to make a 5-inch round.
- 6Bake 12 minutes or just until top springs back when lightly presed with fingertip.
- 7Let cookies cool on wire rack.
- 8Frost with chocolate frosting. Store in tin box.
- 10in small bowl, combine sugar, cream and vanilla. Beat with spoon until smooth.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge Drops With Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.4
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 208.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 74.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g