Big chewy fudgy cookies! From McCalls Magazine, October 1981
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup regular margarine, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2On waxed paper,s ift flour, baking powder and soda.
- 3In large bowl, with wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat butter with brown sugar, chcoolate, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- 4At low speed, beat in flour mixture (in fourths) alternately with milk (in thirds), beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- 5Drop batter, 1/2 cup for each, onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, two or three to a sheet. Flatten slightly to make a 5-inch round.
- 6Bake 12 minutes or just until top springs back when lightly presed with fingertip.
- 7Let cookies cool on wire rack.
- 8Frost with chocolate frosting. Store in tin box.
- 10in small bowl, combine sugar, cream and vanilla. Beat with spoon until smooth.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge Drops With Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.4
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 208.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 74.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g