- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; beat thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate and beat thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.