1/5 Photos of Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
These cupcakes are a chocolate-lover's dream. Their fudgy flavor is complemented by a light, delicate texture, similar to that of a sponge cake. Topped with a melt-in-your-mouth frosting and chocolate curls, they're irresistible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
FROSTING AND GARNISH
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped,divided
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1Heat oven to 325°F.
- 2Grease 12-cup muffin pan or line with baking cups.
- 3Place metal bowl over medium saucepan of barely simmering water (bowl should not touch water).
- 4Add butter and 6 oz chocolate.
- 5Let stand until melted; stir until smooth.
- 6Cool to room temperature.
- 7Whisk in sugar and egg yolks.
- 8Stir in flour and baking powder.
- 9In large bowl, beat egg whites at medium speed until frothy.
- 10Add cream of tartar.
- 11Beat at medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- 12Fold one-fourth of the whites into chocolate mixture.
- 13Gently fold in remaining whites until mixed.
- 14Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- 15Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 16Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 17Remove from pan; cool completely.
- 18To make chocolate curls for garnish, line 4x2x2-inch mini loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- 19Melt 6 oz of the chocolate in metal bowl set over pan of barely simmering water (do not let bowl touch water).
- 20Pour into mini loaf pan; cool until firm.
- 21Unmold chocolate; remove plastic wrap.
- 22Using vegetable peeler, make curls.
- 23In medium saucepan, combine remaining 6 oz semisweet chocolate and whipping cream.
- 24Heat over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- 25Spread each cupcake with frosting; let cupcakes stand until frosting is cool but not set.
- 26Garnish with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (862 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 97.6 mg
- Sodium 39.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g