Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I made this recipe from Southern Living for Christmas and everyone just loved it! The recipe makes two 9 inch cheesecakes so it feeds a lot of people. This three layered cheesecake has a rich brownie bottom layer with a center layer of cream cheese and a decadently rich chocolate glaze covering the top. The recipe is easily halved. The Chocolate Glaze top layer is intended to divide between the two cheesecakes. However, I used one full recipe to top one cheesecake. Allow 8 hours chilling time. This cheesecake is absolutely delicious and I am sure you will enjoy it, too!
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 7 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- sliced strawberry (optional)
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans evenly over the bottom of each of 2 greased and floured 9-inch springform pans.
- Microwave chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals until melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Beat butter and 2 cups sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 4 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Add flour, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and chocolate morsels.
- Divide batter evenly between pans, spreading over chopped pecans.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add 1 3/4 cups sugar, beating until well blended.
- Add 7 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Divide cream cheese mixture evenly between each pan, spreading over brownie batter.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven; cool cheesecakes completely on wire racks.
- Spread top of each cooled cheesecake with 1 recipe Chocolate Glaze; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove sides of pans before serving. Garnish with mint sprigs and sliced strawberries, if desired.
- Chocolate Glaze:.
- Melt 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.
- Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. If you wish, double the Chocolate Glaze recipe if making two cheesecakes.
- Makes about 2 cups.
My dinner guests just loved this! It is really rich, so a small piece was all we needed at a time, but we couldn't leave it alone and had several pieces throughout the evening. Fast becoming a favorite with us!