Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
I always make this Chocolate fudge cake for all my Holidays.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 ounces sweet chocolate, melted and cooled (2 bars)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening, plus
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually adding sugar, beating well at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after every egg.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well.
- Add creamed mixture with flour.
- Add 1 cup of mini chocolate, melted chocolate,chocolate syrup,and vanilla, stirring until blended.
- Whatever you do don't over beat.
- Spoon batter into a heavily greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake 300 degrees for 1 hour and 25 or 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Invert cake immediately onto a serving plate and let cool completely.
- Combine 4 ounces chopped white chocolate and 2 tablespoon of shortening in top of double boiler; bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate mixture over cooled cake.
- Melt remaining 1/2 cup mini-morsels and 2 teaspoons shortening in a small sauce pan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and let cool; drizzle over white chocolate.