Prep 7 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe goes back years and has remained a favorite :)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sifted unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 8x8-in baking pan.
- In a blender or food processor, beat the eggs for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt.
- Slowly beat in the whipped eggs.
- Beat in the melted butter and the vanilla.
- Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Spread the batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 mins, or until the cake tests done.
Wow! This cake was scrumptious - it's just a shame I hid it under so much icing! Next time I'll know better...
This fudge cake is to die for! I doubled the recipe and baked in two 8 X 8-inch pans. The only thing I changed was to add chocolate chips in place of the pecans because I knew my boys would like it that way. This cake is so fudgey and gooey. Every last bite is gone and I will be making this again. Thanks for a 10 plus star recipe, in my book Kit!