Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
This one has the best flavor of all.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 453.59 g package brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 85.04 g unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled (I do this in the microwave)
- 532.32 ml sifted cake flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- Cream butter,; gradually add brown sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate, mix well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Beat well.
- Add water and vanilla; stir well.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9in cake pans.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire racks.
Super good! The taste is wonderful! I guess it was the brown sugar and chocolate. We enjoyed this cake so much. Thanks for sharing it with us. A keeper for sure!
Hi MizzNezz...well, another one of your winners, they just keep on acomin'...This cake was just yummy, and so moist, i did add in 3/4 tsp baking powder, just to get a bit more of a rise out of it, and added 1/2 cup tiny chocolate chips, baked it in a 13x9-inch pan, topped it off with fudge frosting... it was super yummy...gone almost in one day!......great cake recipe INezz, I will be making this one again. Just keep up all your great work, love your recipes :-)
Very good cake! I've used this recipe for years. I was going to post my recipe when I saw that it was already here. I use dark brown sugar and ice the cake with Chocolate Fudge frosting.