This is the Chocolatiest Fudgiest cake I have ever had. This is a recipe I got from my sister. I have made it a few times in the past. I am glad to have it again.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour sugar and salt.
- Set aside.
- In separate bowl beat eggs, buttermilk, soda and vanilla.
- set aside.
- In a saucepan bring butter, cocoa and water to a boil.
- Combine 3 mixtures and mix till blended.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13" pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350F degrees.
- Make icing while cake is baking.
- Bring butter, cocoa and milk to a boil.
- pour over sugar.
- mix well.
- add vanilla and nuts.
- Pour over cake while its hot.