Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the BEST recipe I have ever made from-scratch brownies with. I didn’t have the nuts or anything else to add to them, and they still tasted awesome plain. This came from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup nuts, of your choice
- Grease a square baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate on low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg, sugar, and vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon till just combined.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Spread batter in baking dish, and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Makes 24 small brownies or 12 big ones.
I wanted a really chocolatey brownie and was a little disappointed that this wasn't it. I think next time if I try this recipe again, I will add some chocolate chips to give it more chocolate flavour. I liked that this recipe was really easy...so I think I would like to try tweaking it to match my tastes. It was really quick too!
These were good. I just thought that they would be less cake-like and more fudgy. I did add some cinnamon to them. They do have a really good taste to them. Thanks!