Recipe by evelyn/athens
Can one ever have too many brownies? If using semisweet chocolate instead of bittersweet, do cut back on the amount of sugar called for by 2 tblsps. :-)
Top Review by rachconn
Yum! This isn't the brownie recipe I choose when I'm serving it plain but the lack of sweetness is the truly perfect vehicle for toppings, frosting and embellished brownies. You'll love them!!
- 340.19 g best-quality chocolate, chopped (I use bittersweet, semi-sweet would be good too)
- 177.44 ml butter
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and place rack in middle of oven.
- Butter and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until mixture is smooth.
- Let cool until lukewarm.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in salt and flour, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Let cool completely and cut into 24 bars.