Recipe by Caryn Gale
These brownies are really fudgy.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Read Mirjam's review and had to try these. Super fudgy and amazingly EASY. Loved the tip to just pour into a parchment lined dish, it made cutting so much easier. Crikey, why does anyone make brownies out of a box, when it is this simple? Served them as dessert with ice cream and a little cocoa dusted on top for a dinner party Saturday and then as the dessert snack at the Superbowl party on Sunday.
- 3⁄4 cup unsifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 (50 g) packages baking chocolate squares
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- On stovetop, melt chocolate, margarine, water, sugar, and vanila in a pot on a very low flame.
- When melted and smooth, remove from fire.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually blend into chocolate mixture.
- At this point you can add chips or nuts if you like them.
- Spread into a greased pan.
- Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes.
- Don't overbake!