Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
100% gluten-free fudgy brownies made with coconut flour!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 8 1⁄4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (more if needed)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (optional, recommended)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tropical traditions organic coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and dust an 11x8 pan with coconut oil and cocoa powder.
- Place butter, sugar, chocolate, and brown rice syrup in a medium sized pot and melt on low heat, stirring until everything is well blended (mixture does not have to be smooth). Sift in the cocoa powder. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Beat the eggs and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer until frothy. Then on low speed, mix in cooled chocolate mixture. Alternatively add in the flour, baking powder and heavy cream, beating mixture after each addition.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake the brownies in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top of the brownies is crisp and slightly cracked. (The inside of the brownies will be dense and soft to the touch.) Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack until cool. Cut into bars and serve. Frost with chocolate or vanilla frosting if desired. Enjoy!