Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I took an old family recipe and made modifications to make brownies that are neither too sweet or too bitter.
- 8 eggs
- 4 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups butter
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- stir eggs with sugar and vanilla.
- melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.
- sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- spread into a greased 13x18 pan.
- bake 30 minutes.