Delicious chocolate treat from a recipe given to me by my mother's aunt several years ago. I used to make it even when I was quite young - it is so easy - and I absolutely love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a pan or dish to pour the fudge into to set.
- 2Sift together the cocoa and milk powder.
- 3Place the sugar and water together in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- 4Stir continuously till the sugar syrup has reached one string consistency (to test this, lift a small amount of syrup up and let it drip back into the pan; if it falls in a 'string' then it's done).
- 5Turn off the heat without removing the saucepan off the stove and add the butter to the sugar syrup- the butter should melt in the heat of the pan but if it doesn't, have the stove on at the lowest temperature.
- 6Add the sifted cocoa and milk powder to the butter and syrup and mix together until the mixture is smooth.
- 7If you want harder fudge then keep stirring for longer, having the heat on low but if you want it softer, then stop stirring and take it off the stove.
- 8Pour the fudge into the pre-greased pan, scraping off any of the mixture that will not pour.
- 9Making sure your hands are clean, grease the fleshy part of your hands and press the mixture down evenly and smoothly.
- 10While still unset, cut it small pieces.
- 11Place the fudge in the refrigerator and wait for it to set.
- 12When it's done, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g